EB-5 USA Investor Visa; Immigrant Investor Program
USCIS administers the EB-5 USA Investor Visa. Under this program, investors (and their spouses and unmarried children under 21) are eligible to apply for a Green Card (permanent residence) if they:
- Make the necessary investment in a commercial enterprise in the United States, and
- Plan to create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified U.S. workers. This program is known as EB-5 USA Investor Visa, the name of the employment-based fifth preference visa that participants receive.
The applicant must:
- Invest in a U.S. business: The investment must meet the minimum requirement, as determined by 8 CFR § 204.6.
- Intend to create, or maintain, at least 10 full-time jobs which can be filled by U.S. workers.
Benefits Of The US EB-5 USA Investor Visa Immigrant Investor Program
- One of the most desirable business and lifestyle destinations worldwide
- Range of top-tier schools and Ivy League universities available nationwide
- An efficient route to gaining permanent resident status (a green card)
- Ability to include a spouse and children who are under 21 years old and not married
- Minimal application requirements, with no business experience or specific language proficiency needed
- Flexible physical presence requirements
- Citizenship is possible after five years of legal residence
Requirements Of USA Residence By Investment
The EB-5 USA Investor Visa Immigrant Investor Program requires that a foreign individual invests into a new commercial enterprise that is associated with government-approved regional centers based on proposals for promoting economic growth.
The following requirements apply:
- Fulfil one of the following investment options:
- USD 1,050,000 into a non-targeted employment area project
- USD 800,000 into a targeted employment area project in a rural area or an area with high unemployment
- Create or preserve 10 permanent full-time jobs for qualified US workers
After the successful applicants have received a green card, the funds must stay invested until permanent resident status is granted (roughly five years).
Approved applicants will receive conditional green cards for a period of two years. The conditions on the green card are then removed at the end of the two years upon demonstrating to USA immigration authorities that the jobs were in fact created or maintained. The transition from conditional to regular green cards does not affect what the green card holder can do in the USA.
*Individual applicants must have a net worth in excess of USD 1 million and provide proof that their funds come from legal sources.
*To be eligible for citizenship, green card holders must have lived continuously in the USA for at least five years prior to naturalization. They must further show that they have been physically present in the USA for at least 30 months out of the five years immediately before filing for naturalization and must be able to read, write, and speak basic English. Other than a civics test, minimal additional conditions are required in order to obtain citizenship.
Citizenship By Investment by Jane Katkova are experts in investors visa. Get in touch with us today to get help with EB-5 USA Investor Visa and get started to getting your green card in the US.