Portugal Golden VisaCitizenship By Investment
Second Passport Through Business and Real Estate Investment
Portugal Citizenship By Investment
At Fast Passport Boutique, we offer citizenship by investment solutions in Portugal, also known as Golden Visa Portugal, to individuals who want to gain the right to travel and work. Our range of citizenship for sale options includes golden visas and second passport opportunities through investment. The citizenship by investment programs in Portugal are tailored to meet clients’ financial needs, enabling them to reap maximum benefits from the new citizenship that they acquire. We have years of experience in helping people achieve their citizenship goals; evaluating each customer’s unique situation is our priority. Our dedicated team is on hand to make sure that applicants attain reliable results with flexible requirements, belonging to one of the most recognized program available in the market today.
Important Updates Portugal
Portugal Is Shutting Down Its Popular “Golden Visa” Program
Portugal is shutting down its popular “Golden Visa” program. HOWEVER, you can still apply for a Portugal D7 Visa and get your European Residency!
D7 Visa is one of the MOST AFFORDABLE programs of its kind – the D7 Visa requires applicants to make only 7,200 euros or about 7,763 euros a year to qualify.
The income for a D7 Visa must be the result of PASSIVE INCOME such as pension, passive investment, real estate, or equity in a company.
APPLY FOR A PORTUGAL D7 VISA WHILE IT IS STILL OPEN!!!
Portugal’s residence permit is acquired through Portugal Golden Visa program. It is a five-year investment-based residence route for non-EU nationals. Aimed to attract international business and direct investors, the Golden Visa allows applicants and dependents to work, live, study, and travel in Portugal and Europe. Visa holders may apply for citizenship after five years.
The program was introduced in 2012 by the Portuguese Ministry of Internal Affairs through the Portuguese Immigration and Border Service. It has been exceptionally successful and popular with applicants from all over the world.
Golden Residence Permit allows travel to over 171 countries visa-free.
Call Our Office
Investment Type & Costs
- Purchase a property worth at least €500,000 or more, €400,000 for low-density area properties
- Invest €350,000 in real estate more than 30 years old or located in a Portuguese urban regeneration area. €280,000 for the same investment in a low-density area
- Invest at least €350,000 in a qualifying investment fund
- Capital transfer of at least €1,000,000 into a bank account
- Create at least ten jobs
- Invest at least €350,000 on the incorporation of a company or reinforce the share capital of an existing company through which you create or maintain at least five full-time jobs
- Invest at least €350,000 in research activities focused on science or technology
- Invest at least €250,000 to support arts or reconstructions of national heritage
- Children under the age of 18
- Dependent adult children who are full-time students (under 26 years of age)
- Dependent parents
- Siblings under 18 years of age
- The Golden Visa is initially valid for one year, renewable after that for two-year periods (you must maintain investment for five years)
- You can apply for permanent residence or a Portuguese passport after five years of temporary residence
Portugal Golden Visa BENEFITS
- Portuguese residence in 4-6 months
- Portugal allows dual citizenship. No need to renounce your current citizenship
- No long-term residency requirement (First year, seven days and 14 days for two-year periods after that)
- No interview, language skills, education or management experience is required
- Include spouse and dependent children and parents in one application
- Portugal Golden visa allows you to travel visa-free within the entire Schengen Area
- Apply for Citizenship after 5 years
- Travel visa-free or visa on arrival to over 170 countries worldwide
- If you reside less than 6 months out of the year in Portugal, you are considered a non-tax resident; as a result, you will only pay taxes on income gained in Portugal
- Double tax treaties with 80 countries (ensuring that you only pay taxes in Portugal or the other countries but not in both)
- No inheritance tax in Portugal
- Benefit from a favourable tax regime for the first 10 years
10 Best Places To Live In Portugal
Book An Online Consultation
Get your Second Passport
Fill up the eligibility form today, and we will contact you at the preferred time.
Contact a citizenship-by-investment expert
FAQs About Portugal golden visa
What are the main benefits of the Portugal Golden Visa Program?
- Access to 26 nations in the EU, and visa-free travel to 183 nations
- Affordable investment options starting from 250,000 Euros
- 5-years until you qualify for a European passport
- A sound investment in a buoyant market that can lead to real returns
- Option to become a non-habitual resident and pay little to no tax for 10 years
- Short stay requirement
What are the requirements for a Portuguese Golden Visa?
- Be either non-EU, non-Swiss, or non-EEA resident
- Minimum investment of €250,000
- Range of investment routes to pick
- Have a clean criminal record
- Spend a minimum of seven days in Portugal for the first year, then no less than 14 days each subsequent two-year period (this is called the stay requirement)
What is the meaning of "NIF" in Portugal?
The NIF is your tax identification number, distributed by the Portuguese fiscal authorities, and it is used for tax purposes to carry out various transactions including opening a Portuguese bank account and buying property
To open a Portuguese bank account, Fast Passport Boutique can introduce you to a competent English-speaking banker in Portugal that can open a bank account even before you come to Portugal
What’s the best Portuguese Golden Visa investment option?
What’s the Portugal Golden Visa processing time?
Does Portugal allow dual citizenship?
What are the taxes and costs for property purchase and ownership?
For the Portugal Golden Visa Residence Permit via property investment, an investor must also consider the following taxes and costs:
- “IMT” or Property Transfer Tax” is the tax on the transfer of ownership of property and it varies with the price of the property (It is a sliding scale based on the purchase price – a guideline figure is circa 5-6%)
- Stamp Duty – normally 0.8% of the property price
- “IMI” or Council Tax, which is the annual municipal property tax; it is levied between 0.3% and 0.5% on the property’s tax value payable on an annual basis
- Rental income will be taxed at a rate of 28%