Costa Ricacitizenship By Investment
costa rica CITIZENSHIP by investment
Countless investment opportunities exist. There are numerous options to consider when looking at real estate investments in Costa Rica.
As Central America’s leading vacation destination, hotels and vacation rentals are two areas of the market that are extremely easy to pursue. Those who have experience with larger property management opportunities will not be disappointed in the gated and condominium communities in existence, while those who want to build have plenty of land-buying options. With all those tourists passing through regularly and a constantly growing expat community, high-quality restaurants are also more in demand than ever.
costa rica Overview
Costa Rica citizenship is an ideal option to live abroad and is also a great place to invest. The country is a favorable destination for foreign investments.
Costa Rica Citizenship By Investment Options
Typical business investments
- Aspiring residents have a wide variety of investments to consider. The investment can be in any legal business ranging from manufacturing to transport, hospitality and tourism. In regard to hospitality, you can open a hotel, bar, restaurant, B&B, etc. Tourism industry investments can be made on tours, amusement parks, adventure parks, and nature walk among other related investments.
Invest in a hotel or tourism project
One way to have exposure and enjoy the upside of Costa Rican real estate and especially the tourism market is to invest in or joint venture with tourism projects which are looking for investors, either as shareholders or by providing secured debt. There are a variety of tourism investment instruments that we are able to offer from convertible bonds with usage rights to straight equity investments. Using our knowledge and data of tourism projects we know which ones have a high and low risk based on the project.
Investment of $200,000 USD in a business or a property (make sure you choose the right Real Estate Agent). Must be in Costa Rica at least 1 day per year.
*** Cannot work as an employee.
- You can also get residency in Costa Rica by making investments in productive projects which are simply projects deemed vital to Costa Rica’s national interests. For instance, you can invest in a qualified forestry plantation project. You need a minimum investment of USD 100,000 to qualify for residency in such a case. You can also qualify for residency by making an investment of USD 50,000 or more in an approved organization in the export or tourism sector.
- You can also invest in both commercial and non-commercial real estate. Since non-commercial real estate investments are allowed for several years now, you can get residency in Costa Rica by investing in real estate that is worth USD 200,000 or more.
Non-commercial real estate investments
- Also includes land purchases made for future development or preservation such as buying land for environmental, ecological, or watershed preservation purposes.
Call Our Office
Benefits of Costa Rica Citizenship
The benefits of obtaining residency by investment in Costa Rica are numerous.
If you have a lot of money to invest, there is no better place than this Central American country.
The first benefit is the ability for your family to live with you and be able to also work or study without being subject to immigration laws. You can enjoy beautiful beaches, year-round golfing weather, and an amazing quality of life free from crime or violence that would not be possible elsewhere in Latin America. With all these great benefits offered by Costa Rica’s economic citizenship program, it only makes sense for investors who are looking for a new home to invest their dollars here!
- You will get your Social Security
Once your Residency is approved, you will be registered with the Social Security and Public Health Care System (CCSS or Caja), which covers pre-existing conditions.
- Open local bank account
Banks in Costa Rica are discouraging or phasing out personal bank accounts for those who do not have legal residence. While it’s still possible to have a Costa Rican bank account, it will be flagged as high risk. You will have to deal with different requirements, such as updating your information often or facing account closure. In addition, you will not be able to send or receive interbank (SINPE) transfers without a legal residence.
No more need to carry your passport
Having to carry your passport everywhere is a hassle, as you risk losing it or having it stolen. It’s challenging to carry out any banking transactions without a passport (even changing US dollars to colones), and often a notarized copy will not help. Residency means you get a resident ID card (called a DIMEX) you can carry in your wallet. You can then store your passport in a safe place.
As a Costa Rican resident, you will receive discounts from tourism enterprises (for example, local flights), tourist sites and national parks, and local attractions.
VISA FREE TRAVEL
Costa Rica Country Information
Costa Rican Colon, Costa Rican Peso, Peso
1 USD = 630 CRC
5.094 million (2020)
Book An Online Consultation
Amazing Places To Visit In Costa Rica
Get your Second Passport Costa Rica
Fill up the eligibility form today, and we will contact you at the preferred time.